Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ogden Marathon

Yeah you read it right, I did the Ogden 1/2 Marathon with my two sisters and my mom. Let's be honest, Jamie had to twist my arm to even get me to do this thing, we were just going to walk it at a very fast pace, she gave me a list of all the positive reasons to do it, the pros out weighted the cons, that's what she said, and she said what good reason do you have to not do it? Well let's think, I hate to run/walk really fast, especially for 13.1 miles!! Well things pretty much went just like I thought they would, my mom and I went walking about 3 months ago, probably only did a few miles, and about 1/2 a mile into it I did something to my foot. So I never did a day of training from then on out, probably not the brightest idea I ever had. I didn't think it would really matter all that much because I was this close to just throwing my money away and not doing the stupid race, especially when my mom told me 2 days before the race what time I would have to get up that morning, 3:30, you read it right. I will be the first to admit it, and mom you can be next, but I was really not happy. I was really really mad. I had a really bad attitude. And then the next day, mom told me that the race didn't actually have a "walkers category", they kinda misled me on that. So here I'm getting up early for this race that I didn't really want to do, and now knowing that I'm really going to look stupid because there wasn't a category for walkers, aahhh! I changed my attitude immensely today for the race though. Jamie stayed right there with me as she said she would. I kept telling her to just go on without me because I felt that I was really holding her back, beings that I never trained for it and all. We actually ran quite a bit, defiantly walked more, but I did it, I finished the race, and now I can say that I did a 1/2 marathon. Now if only I could walk, I really did a number on that same foot again.


Team Kendell
It's that time of year again. Team Kendell (my niece) is collecting donations and getting ready for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundations Great Strides Walk. The walk is on May 30th at 10:00 a.m. at the Ogden River Parkway. All money donated and collected goes to Cystic Fibrosis research and goes directly to the CFF (cystic fibrosis foundation) and we need all of your help. If you are interested in donating and/or walking with us let me know, we would love to have you join us, leave a comment if you'd like to donate and I'll let you know how to get in touch with me!

5 comments:

Wehrle said...

Wow!!! Check you out!! I am so not a runner and I don't think there is any way I could ever do that!! You are awesome!!

Aimee said...

You are awesome! Good job, can't wait to see you run the full next year!

Alexis said...

You are awesome! My goal is to someday have the desire to run/walk a marathon and then act upon that. You are amazing....and for a good cause :-)

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Good for you Jani, that is amazing!!!

spenceandcass said...

Hey, at least you finished right? Good job! I don't blame you for being a bit peeved..... running.... YUCK!