Friday, July 23, 2010

are YOU tough enough?

Yesterday was our annual, Tough Enough to Wear Pink Rodeo, to support Breast Cancer. We usually just go and watch the rodeo in our pink shirts, but this year we took it up a level. My mother is on the committee and asked if I would help sell the pink scarves at the gates, all the proceeds would go towards the foundation. After I agreed to help out, she asked if we could round up anyone else to help and I of course thought of Bryce. He didn't hesitate to be the only guy selling them, put on that pink shirt and was right there by my side on a hot July afternoon, after he had a crappy bad day at work, and came out with me and did some good in the world that day. I was honestly touched by how generous people were. People were forking out $2.00 for a pink bandanna after they had just paid $12.00 a piece to get into the rodeo, all to support breast cancer. Thank you husband of mine for kicking the sales up a notch and putting us all to shame, going into the crowds trying to sell every last bandanna. I was so shocked at how he changed his bad attitude after a bad day and tore it up in the sales department. I love you. Thank you generous people, for supporting us. This coming from a person who lost her grandmother to breast cancer and was lucky enough not to loose my mother, I thank all of you pink wearing people.

Here is Bryce and me sporting our pink, we even got Abbie to support. Who wouldn't buy from that face???




3 comments:

Parker and Jamie said...

Oh you two look so cute!! I wish we could have been there, you are a great part of our family and thanks for all you do!

Rob and Bri said...

That's so awesome! Sometimes helping others is the best medicine for a bad day. This post almost made me cry. Love you guys. You all look great in pink!

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Jani!!!! I have been thinking of you! So glad you posted!!! :) You guys look great! What a guy to go and sale pink bandanas, that's awesome!