Monday, November 22, 2010

Read the Box

I had some major heart burn all day yesterday, (it could have been the Famous Dave's we ate the night before). So I took some expired tums and of course they didn't do a thing, so later on that night I thought I would take something else since the expiration date really does mean something I guess. I opened up a box of Zantac, popped it in my mouth and began to chew, only immediately to find out that you aren't supposed to chew them, your supposed to take them like a pill. That was the worst taste I have experienced since I can remember. I ran for a bottled water, nothing would take that taste out of my mouth. I ran to the sink and started to spit it out, coughing and coughing. Bryce came in concerned wondering what in the heck had just happened from the two seconds I had just left him previous. I finally stopped coughing, yes the taste still there, and then came the throw-up. A couple times actually, sorry for the details, I just thought there was a lesson here for us all. As Bryce put it, "you should always read the box, it says right here to take with water. If you would have asked me, I would have told you." Gee thanks hun. I didn't have that exact thought run through my head as I was throwing-up. Needless to say I had even worse heart burn then before. Lesson learned, read the box!

3 comments:

Kim Millard said...

I'm sorry but I am laughing at your expense. That's funny! I will learn from your mistake.

Aimee said...

Oh, that's awful! Hope it wasn't the Zantac I handed off to you! Can't believe it actually made you throw up. Glad you have learned though :)

Emily said...

I know all about the heartburn. Sometimes nothing puts out the fire. Sorry you had to throw up on top of it. That's like adding insult to injury. Or maybe injury to insult?...hmm.