Thursday, April 14, 2011

38 weeks

I had my 38 week appt. yesterday and everything looked great. Good heart beat, everything is facing the right direction, no cord wrapped around the neck, you know, typical stuff. I'm only dilated to a 1 and am 50% effaced. She is measuring in at a whopping 7lbs 5oz now and has commented on her really long legs.....ballerina?? I'm not sure how her long legs will help her on the golf course as her daddy is so desiring.
I had always just had the intent to keep her cooking as long as she wants, but the Dr. asked and encouraged me to think about being induced. So we did, and we are scheduled to go in on Easter Sunday, April 24th, at 7:00pm, if I don't go on my own before then.
So give me your comments and opinions....induction, good or bad??? Not that I will probably listen to half of your opinions anyway.....hahaha

3 comments:

Uriona Family said...

I'm so excited for you!! YEA!!

I think induction can be both good and bad for what it is worth. If your body is ready it is wonderful, if it isn't...well, it's not so wonderful. I have been induced three times and had both experiences. I'll leave it at that. Call me if you want to talk about it.

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

How exciting!!!! I was induced with Lillian and HATED it. It caused me to go into labor way way way too fast and then they had to actually give me medication to slow me back down. However, some people love it. Good luck, whatever you decide will be great. Not too much longer!!!! :) Keep us posted and post pictures ASAP!

WOLSEY FAMILY said...

Not sure. I think you should pray about it and do what feels right. You are the best doctor Audrey can have. Moms sense just about everything! Good Luck!