Saturday, April 16, 2011

Slight Freak-Out

Well yesterday I got a phone call from my Dr.'s office saying that they forgot to do the stress test on the baby when I was there the other day. I admit, I was a little annoyed, and asked if it couldn't wait until my next appt. on Wednesday? She said no, that I needed to come in. So off I went, and the test didn't go so well. I was starting to panic a little because she really wasn't moving and when she would, her heart beat wasn't spiking up like they wanted it to. I guess if the heart rate stays the same when she moves, that is a concern because there may not be the right amount of blood flowing through the umbilical cord. They kept me strapped to it for about 45 min. and not much changed. Dr. Johnson wanted to do another ultrasound to make sure that there wasn't any obstruction with the cord.
When I met Dr. Johnson for the ultrasound, he said that after he had reviewed my charts after my last appt., he wasn't happy with the blood flow, so that is ultimately why they called me in. He told me there was nothing majorly wrong, the baby was getting oxygen, but that he was just a little "uneasy", as he puts it.
He wanted me to get something to eat and told me to return in an hour and we would do the stress test again and see if anything had changed. If not, they were going to send me over to the hospital and give me some contractions, whatever that means.
I called Bryce on the way home and told him what had happened. We were both hopeful that everything was fine and that the Dr. was just being over cautious, but then, there is this part of you that thinks, maybe he is actually really concerned about something but is just sugar coating it so that we don't freak out. Dr.'s are so hard to read.
I went back, Bryce met me there, we did the stress test again and everything looked great. She passed the test! That was such a sigh of relief! I don't like this parenting thing already, worrying constantly, sheesh, she's not even here yet.
This was just another reminder for me of how blessed I have been through out this pregnancy. To have such a healthy baby and have had no serious problems thus far, we have truly been blessed and watched over.

2 comments:

WOLSEY FAMILY said...

So sorry you had to go through that! My gosh! Haven't you had enough?? Let us know if we can help! We'll be praying for you :)

Anonymous said...

Wow so happy everything is fine. Emotional roller coaster. we had an something like that happen with nahlia its not fun at all. love you guys