Friday, August 8, 2008

This is NOT an announcement

Why is it, that a man without any little boys is not allowed to go to the "father and son's " campout without people thinking that we must be making an announcement? If you think that I LOOK three months pregnant well than that's understandable, but just because he wants to go camping doesn't mean we have big news to share with the world. And even if I did, do you all think that is how I would announce it? "OK Bryce, you go up to the campout alone and then all the men will start to think why is he here? They must have a baby on the way." Oh brother, I would be so much more creative than that! So yes, Bryce is up at the ward father and son's overnighter, and I think it's cute. I think it's a little sad however that he will be sleeping in that tent all alone. He probably could have taken Abbie, everyone thinks that all big dogs are boys anyway, so I guess that could have worked on some level. Some of the men in the ward were convincing him to go, and that's what I love about Bryce, he doesn't care what people will think, doesn't worry about having anyone to go up with, he just packed (well I mostly packed) his stuff up and off he went. I didn't get any pictures of my little camper before he left, mainly because I forgot, and partly because he would have said "are you kiddin me", well I hope you had fun babe, and I'll see ya tomorrow. And remember this is NOT an announcement, and I will come up with something a little better than that when the time comes!

7 comments:

Love Fam said...

Good for Bryce! That is awesome, I can't wait to see the creative way you announce it now... when the time comes of course! (by the way, I was maybe a bit exaggeratted on my concert post, but that was sure funny!)

Anonymous said...

it was great seeing you today and you don't look at all prego but i can't wait until you are. what a great set of parents to have.

Kim Millard said...

That would be a funny way to make that announcement. Good for Bryce for going!

Melissa said...

Janica- Just wanted to say Hi! I found your blog through Lacey's... looks like you guys are doing well. Glad you joined the world of blogging so I could see what you guys are up to!

spenceandcass said...

I will be waiting for the announcement. In the meantime, if you want some practice......you can borrow my kid for the afternoon.

Funky Farmers said...

Janni- You tell Bryce he can take my boys to the next father/son outing. Nick and I would love it!! By the way if your going to do some announcing, I better be on your calling list. Okey Donkey? Well, anyway happy trying, right. Love Ya- Darc

spenceandcass said...

Ya....we saw the new theater.....it was right across from the gelato place! We could not believe our eyes! Syracuse does ROCK!