Sunday, December 14, 2008

angel tree

We always do something for someone that is in need this time of year with our families, and both of our families said to just do it on our own. So Bryce and I decided to do the Angel Tree. Can I just say how depressing that was? We showed up on the last day that they were accepting gifts at Shopko, and wouldn't ya know that tree was still full of names, I had the hardest time narrowing it down to just one, at one point I left the tree with three names in my hand, and Bryce told me, "no, just one". So we spoiled one little girl named Shaylee but it honestly broke my heart thinking that all these kids were not going to get any presents!! Please, someone ease my mind, I need to think that there is something that goes on behind the scenes, and everyone ends up getting presents whether there names were drawn or not, please someone please put my mind at ease.

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Ok here ya go...it's a scam! None of those kids are "needy", they just write down their wish list at school and off it goes to the angel tree. It's just Shopko's way of trying to guilt everyone into buying more toys. A scam, I tell ya! How's that?? Sorry this is so late, I just barely got an update on your blog for some reason, so I hadn't even checked it 'till now.

Kendell's Crusaders said...

They get help from other sources at the very end after we do all we can. Kelly said the Salvation Army, etc will do stuff. I don't know if he's right, but I suppose he probably is because I don't think they'd let them not get anything.

Anonymous said...

I concur with Jen. Shopko must be contributing something too. Can you believe my ward doesn't know that a Giving/Angle tree is. I'm the activities commitee chair and when I suggested this idea they treated it like it has never been done before. Crazy

spenceandcass said...

I had to laugh when I read the scam comment. Hilarious!

Grand Pooba said...

Janica! Is that really you? How are you? This is Kelly (Dunn) I don't even remember how I landed on your blog but I'm glad I did! You and Bryce are adorable as ever!

How have you been? Wow, it's been forever!