Monday, February 13, 2012

drink, ahhhh, drink

The other day Audreys feeding time came around, as it does every 4 hours. I sat her down on my lap and tried to put the bottle in her mouth. She opened up, but would not drink, she just kept pushing it from side to side and then she clenches both of her hands into fists while tensing up her whole body and let out an ahhhh! So I put her down in irritation cause the kid was ticking me off.
So as she walked around the ottoman for a bit, I asked her a little later if she wanted her babba? She came to me, I sat her in my lap, while she proceeded to do the exact same thing following it with an ahhhhh! Instead of putting her down this time, I just thought whatever, she'll eat when she wants I guess and we just watched tv for a second. As we were sitting there, she let out a big sneeze and out came what looked like a big snot ball, (a little graphic and gross I know, just remember, this is my blog here people)Of course it landed on my leg and I was like "oh no you di-nt", but oh yeah, she did. As I inspected this thing sitting on my leg that was covered in her formula like the PI that I am, come to find out it wasn't at all a big ball of goo, it was a big piece of plastic that Audrey had placed in her mouth at some point. Nice goin babysitter, oh wait, that was me.
Chalk it up for another "mommy point". Once again Audrey, lesson learned. When a baby that can't speak tenses up and clenches hands into fists and she lets out the phrase ahhhhh! That usually means something. That day it was, "hey mom, I shoved some 3" piece of plastic that I found off the disgusting floor that the dog probably sat on into my mouth and now your trying to wash it down with milk but I have to tell you it's not going down because this piece of plastic is a total barrier here, what are you trying to do kill me? Oh whatever dummy, I will just sneeze it out onto your leg and make it look like some big ball of goo".
Thanks for being the smart one Audrey.

1 comment:

Kendall & Nichole said...

You are so funny!!! I love it!