Sunday, February 26, 2012

St George

Bryce and I decided to get away. With work and raising a little one and well, just life, we decided we needed to head out of town. My mom offered to take Audrey for the weekend and I have to admit deep down, I was glad. I know you shouldn't want to leave your child, especially when she is only 10 months old, but dang it, I wanted to. Bryce and I needed a little alone time, which is hard to get when you are constantly catering to your child. So no, there was no guilt here, other than the fact that I had to burden my parents with Audrey and the dog.
Bryce and I didn't leave until after 10 pm Thursday evening which put our arrival time around 2:30am, we got lost trying to find the place, so then we didn't get to the actual house until after 3. The drive down was actually really fun for me, we talked for about 4 hours straight without even turning on the radio.
The next day we headed off to breakfast, went golfing, hit the Parade of Homes, dinner and ended the night with massages. Saturday we did more Parade of Homes, shopping and of course eating. At dinner that night, my mom called me to inform me that Audrey had walked all by herself. She asked me if I was mad? And of course I wasn't, but I was upset. I was sad that I had missed my baby girls first steps. It is no body's fault but Audrey's! Why does she have to be soooo advanced? Hahaha Audrey just turned 10 months that week and I knew she would be walking sometime this month, she wasn't far off, but obviously I didn't think she would be walking the day after we left her. My mom sent me a video of her walking, it wasn't quite the same, but it was at least something. Sunday, we did lunch, hit a few more houses and headed home.
We got home to find Audrey saying "mam ma". I think my mom had refrained from telling me that one because she thought it might push me over the edge. It's all fine and dandy mom and dad, just plan on having her in the next little while for an entire week so that when we come home, she will be potty trained;)
Thanks honey for the quick get away, it's always fun hanging out with you. Thanks mom and dad for watching the rest of our family. It's so nice leaving them and knowing that they are both in good hands.




No comments: