Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Nelson Camping Trip

I got to go camping 2 weeks in a row! I know for many of you your thinking, "and she's excited about that?" And yes I was. I love camping. There is just something about getting away,away. No cell phone service, no computers, so that means no work and I have to say, I like the fact that it's normal to not bathe for 4 days in a row, gross I know. If I could just clean the private parts and my stinky feet, I'd be good to go for quite awhile. Every year in June, as far back as when my grandpa was a little boy, we've had the tradition of going up to Browne Lake in the Uintah's for our family reunions, we love it. So we decided to get one more end of the year camping trip in and went up to Browne Lake. Unfortunately the only ones that could attend were my parents and us, but it was a lot of fun. Maybe next time sisters:( Mom got sick the first day we were there, throwing up and such, we won't go into details, but she was a trooper, as soon as she could walk she was back up and joining the party. We went down to the Flaming Gorge Lodge to eat one night, and on our way home we saw a BLACK BEAR!!!! Can you believe it, it was so cool, we were all so excited it was like this huge adrenaline rush, you really don't see those bears up there all that often so it was really neat to see, I'm just glad I had my camera. We did a lot of fishing which is always fun, and then one of the days Bryce and my dad went on a hike up to one of the lakes to fish and brought us home some really good dinner for that night. We played a lot of card games of course. Once again, these trips just go way to fast for me, but there is always next year right? Love ya mom and dad and thanks for the fun trip and we missed you Kel,Jen,Kendell,Cameron,and Jamie, here are a few pics so that you can feel like you were there.

6 comments:

Aimee said...

Well too bad you didn't get to play in the snow like last time...Glad you had fun. Also, you are tagged, check out my blog for more info :)

spenceandcass said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
spenceandcass said...

From the pics, it looks beautiful there. I never have really been much of a camper, but I have to admit, it does look like fun.

Funky Farmers said...

Janni- You little camper you! So a black bear thats awesome. I love the whole camping thing too. You definatley need to clean the feet, I so remember from girls camp- Just Teasin :) By the way, no mini for me. NEVER! Not that theres anything wrong with them.

Love Fam said...

You lucky dog you! I thought you were kidding about the Bear, good thing you got some pics or I might not have believed that little story..good job!

Alexis said...

I am impressed that you are such a camper. We saw a bear in Yellowstone once and it really does get your heart racing. Your pics are really fun!