Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Stevenson Camping Trip

I love camping!!! Usually over Labor Day weekend we go camping with the Stevenson family. This year we went up to the Uintah's, Lake Lyman, which is always nice because it's the Layton Stake camp, and they have church up at the lodge, I know it would be disrespectful to do this at "normal church", but I really enjoy going to church in camping clothes, how often do you get to do that? We left on Friday afternoon and didn't come home until Tuesday afternoon, we had so much fun. I got to take my new bike that I got for my birthday, which came in handy, instead of riding the four-wheelers down to the bathroom, most of the time I rode my bike, good work out,(and I'm a little out of shape, it's the altitude right?). Of course we spent a lot of time eating thanks to Daren and Debbie. There camping grub is some of the best I've tasted, thank you so much for all the meals you guy's are the best!! The whole family was there, even Debbie's parents, grandma and grandpa Maxfield. They sure make it interesting, well mostly grandpa, he's a card. There's never a dull moment with them around, and I just love listening to all of there stories, man they've lived a long time. We did get some bad weather a couple of the days, as did the rest of Utah we heard. Lots and lots of rain, wind and don't forget the snow, it was a little chilly. The last morning we were there it was 22 degrees, and yes we were in a tent. One of the nights it rained the entire night and our rain fly kept puddling up the water, so we had to keep pushing it off so it wouldn't come inside our tent, we actually did stay warm, the worst part about the whole tent situation was that our insta bed had a small hole in it, big or small a hole is still a hole, but I guess fortunately it was a small one so it kept some air in where our heads and feet were. We spent almost one whole day playing games inside the trailer, solitaire, golf, oh and don't forget coloring. It's always nice to get together with your family and do something fun, and that it was. I'm glad there were no major injuries and nobody got frost bite.
Love ya Stevenson's, can't wait till next year!!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Wow, cute pics. That looks like just about the funnest vaca you must've had this year. And your camera sure takes good pictures (but it's probably just the photographer).

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Jani this sounds like so much fun! I couldn't help but have memories flood my mind of the time we decided to pitch a tent up the canyon by the light of our car! Do you remember waking up to the snow on our tent? Oh those were the days! I am still impressed we were able to put that thing up and not have it collapse.

Rob and Bri said...

It was definitely a good time. So glad you guys were there to tough out the storm. You are such a good photographer. I love your slide show. So many pics!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.