Sunday, July 6, 2008

Daddy's Disappointment!!!!

When I was a little girl I was tough, still am, but I think I'm loosing some of my street credibility. I used to go down into the basement and could do over twenty chin pull ups, my dad to this day still talks about the good old days of how tough his little girl was and how many she could do. So in my dad's new house, in the basement once again he puts a chin bar in the floor joists, and Bryce starts insisting that I go give it a try, for old times sake. I honestly did not want to, I knew there was no way I could live up to the hype. I finally went down and gave it a whirl, and another and another. Let's just say 18 yrs later and a few pounds heavier didn't serve me well. I tried and I tried quite a few times and just couldn't make it to that bar once. Thank goodness my mom and Jamie couldn't do it either, but none the less I was disappointed with myself that there wasn't at least one chin to that bar. I'm sorry dad, but at least we still have the good ole days to talk about!!

4 comments:

Rob and Bri said...

Don't feel bad Janica. I'd be lucky if I could reach the bar at all.

spenceandcass said...

HEY!!!! I FOUND YOU! And I'm so glad! Bryce, good to see you again at Wingers. You and Ryan had me cracking up and we only spoke for a few minutes! Janica!....you are looking beautiful, as always....and I have to tell you that I love the new hair color! I really hope you guys keep in touch. Come visit our blog if you get a chance.
We used to have a Lab too...... until she chewed up my couch......and peed on my bed. Now I have kids that do that.

Alexis said...

That is so funny! I keep thinking I can do the same things I did 15 years ago too! Fell flat on my back when I was pregnant trying to show Madison what a Monkey Bar pro I am. Well...never dared try that again. Guess it means we are getting older. I am soooo glad you are blogging now. Janica...everytime I think of you all I can do is smile and laugh!! We have some great memories!

Melissa said...

Hey this is your long lost friends the Boswell's! Good to see you have joined the blogging bandwagon. Beware! You will spend many hours jumping from blog A to blog Z! Anyways send me your email address so I can invite you to our blog we are private. JBoswell@lawschool.gonzaga.edu